Sunday, March 18, 2012

P.S. on Update on Lent

I think one thing I want to say, about my spiritual life right now is related to the talk I gave at Cursillo back in, oh, November I think it was.  My recurring theme in life is "Be Not Afraid."  I won't go into full detail, but what got me to thinking about it is my more recent (in a year or more time) "letting go" on Facebook of my feelings and thoughts on pro-life things.  I often post and share articles about the pro-life movement or the assault on Life in our Culture of Death.


This sums it up:  (insert quote on FB wall)
I thank God today for the gift of my life,
and for the lives of my brothers and sisters. 

I know I am responsible for the unborn who cannot speak for themselves. 

I know that the most serious tragedy of our day is the tragedy of abortion.

Today I commit myself,
never to be silent,
never to be passive,
never to be forgetful of the unborn.

I commit myself to be active in the pro-life movement
and never to stop defending life
until all my brothers and sisters are protected,
and our nation once again becomes
a nation with liberty and justice,
not just for some, but for all. Amen!
(NOW REPOST for the sake of the innocent wee ones! AMEN! ;-)
 

I guess what I am saying is that, in some ways, my spiritual life is improving....in others I am still very weak.  Ha!  I'm not sure if this was the original point I wanted to make, but I have slept since I began this post, so....

No comments:

Post a Comment